LabTemps seeks an Analytical Chemist for our client in Baltimore, Maryland.
This position is part of the Innovation Department to support new product development by quickly providing analytical results on experimental materials and intermediates using existing methods; to develop new product-characterization methods needed for product/marketing support; to use such methods; to keep records, and to communicate results orally and in writing.
Every position and employee at our client has inherent responsibilities for Safety, Quality, Environmental, and Health concerns. Specific responsibilities may be identified through various means such as, but not limited to, Standard Operating Procedures, Training Needs Assessment, regulatory compliance, etc. These responsibilities are most often integrated into the workflow and through specific education and training, as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support new product development by quickly providing analytical results on experimental materials and intermediates using existing methods
- Develop product-characterization methods needed for product/marketing support as well as for new process or product development
- Use these methods to characterize existing and new products
- Characterize new raw materials
- Support research efforts by conducting experiments designed by others
- Propose, design, and conduct experiments that are consistent with project objectives
- Maintain records of experiments and samples
- Perform data reduction
- Communicate results orally and in writing; present experimental findings in a formal report as needed
- Draft new procedures
- Oversee the control of all standard procedures
- Assist with start-up of new processes or process modifications at any of our client's plants.
- Provide support to Operations on resolving process problems and improving processes, as needed.