Seeking an Analytical Chemist for a contract position in Miami Gardens, Fl. Our client is focused on creating products for compressed breathing-air and purified gases. In this position, you will be testing portable units with moisture sensor technology for quality of air.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is looking for an individual who is hands on, self-motivated, and analytical.
- Able to operate multi-sensors analytical desktop instruments capable of measuring air, gas, oil/water vapor and particulate matter in pressurized air/gas matrix. The findings will be used to satisfy ISO 8573 standard requirements.
- The work is performed in an accredited ISO 17O25 laboratory.
- Technological training in chemical analysis or Bachelor’s degree in chemistry with analytical instrument operation.
- 1-3 years’ experience with chemistry analytics e.g. Gas Analyzers, FTIR, GC, spectroscopy.
- Expertise in computers, including Microsoft Office and Miscellaneous Scientific software .
- Experience in compressed gases analysis is a plus.
- Analytical instrument troubleshooting, problem solving and statistical analysis e.g. Accuracy measurement, reproducibility, measurement uncertainties.
- Fluent in written/spoken English.
- Personal skills and ability to communicate well with superior.
- Well-rounded in a variety of technical skills.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM
Location: Miami Lakes, FL
Duration: 30-60 days