LabTemps seeks a Chemical Lab Technician to join our client's growing team.
This is a unique opportunity for a strong Chemical Lab Technician with expertise in downhole fluids. The Chemical Lab Technician will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and uninterrupted functionality of laboratory facilities and scientific equipment. These activities include repair, maintenance, and calibration of laboratory equipment; ordering, inventorying, and maintaining laboratory supplies; observing all pertinent HSE rules and regulations. Laboratory technicians will also set up experiments, record data, and carry out basic investigations assigned to them. They support senior scientists by maintaining detailed and accurate records of research findings. The chemical lab technician will report to the Fluids Team Lead and indirectly to the Fluids Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations;
- Carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses;
- Preparing specimens and samples;
- Constructing, maintaining, and operating standard laboratory equipment
- Ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced;
- Recording and sometimes interpreting results to present to Scientist;
- Using computers and performing mathematical calculations for the preparation of graphs;
- Keeping up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability;
- Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks.
- Complete assigned work with general guidance/directions; complete assignments with instruction for specific project objectives and for complex experimental procedures.
Travel is not expected, but some Local travel between other facility locations and testing facilities is required.