Seeking a Chemical Operator for a direct hire opportunity in Azusa, CA. Our Client, a polymer manufacturing company seeks a dynamic professional to join their growing team.
The role of the Chemical Operator includes, but is not limited to, all phases of batch processing and packaging. This includes all manual charges and sampling of reactors and blend tanks. Operators will perform all required SAP functions in a timely manner. This individual must possess good interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills. Have a firm commitment to safety, and the environment and must have the understanding that product quality is critical to our customers. Operators will maintain all required SOPs, and regulatory training and abide by all Federal, State, and local agencies’ regulations. Operators must have a “Right the first time” attitude to reduce hazardous waste, off-spec material, and unnecessary costs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staging and charging of raw materials and completion of all associated documentation- 20%
- Loading finished product into tank trucks, drums, totes, and other packaging- 20%
- Accurately weighing and recording material charges and times on documents and in the database- 20%
- Support plant EHS, Maintenance, and Utility personnel as directed by management may require moving pallets using a forklift (empty, raw material or product) and movement of drums, hoses, and valve operation, including opening and closing manual valves- 10%
- Use Distributive Control System (DCS) to move materials and increase production efficiency- 10%
- Assist in housekeeping requirements of the building/plant- 20%
- High School diploma or GED required with 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Computer skills (DCS, SAP, Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Problem-solving skills.
- Good basic math skills.
- Ability to “shift gears” in the face of changing priorities.
- Understanding of process equipment regarding function and assisting maintenance in feedback to maintain the equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, work outdoors, sit, stand, squat, climb ladders, operate a forklift, and follow all Personal Protective Equipment (must be able to wear respirators) guidelines.