LabTemps seeks several Chemical Plant Operators for our client, a global chemical company, located near Fort Worth, Texas.
We are searching for Chemical Process Operators who possess a solid understanding of chemical processes and mechanics. These Operators will grow as they learn various tasks and participate in assignments. Internal training is assessable to all operators to increase their knowledge and skills to master and stay on top of their functional knowledge. The ideal candidate enjoys learning and taking on more responsibility to enrich their career.
Operators are responsible for the safe and timely production of chemical products. You can expect to work as an integral part of the production team and may be responsible for retrieving, weighting, and mixing chemical ingredients, monitoring equipment during chemical process, repairing machinery if problems arise, recording information about equipment and compounds, and assisting in the planning and improvement of processes or products. Skilled Operators will be determining initial charge, charging the reactors, adjusting, and packaging final product, and maintaining a clean and safe working environment. Operation of utilities systems, unloading, and loading tasks and operation of the neutralization system are required. They will also be expected to comply with all company, local, state, and federal safety and quality regulations and report any concerns, violations, and accidents.
To be successful as a chemical operator, you should be professional with a strong understanding of mechanical and chemical processes. The ideal candidate will be attentive, knowledgeable, and have a desire to work with other production team members to develop the best processes and products.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
All associates actively support the implementation and maintenance of our client's HSSEE and Quality Management Systems
- Actively support the implementation and maintenance of our client's HSSEE and Quality Management Systems
- Monitors gauges and recording instruments and adjust valves and controls to regulate temperatures, pressures, the concentration of solutions, and the flow of chemicals through the process systems for prescribed reactions within critical limits.
- Follows and accurately completes batch sheets and other documentation to produce products efficiently and in compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Records process variations.
- Storing, retrieving, mixing, and monitoring chemicals used in the production process.
- Records information, such as ingredients, weights, and temperature, and input into the database
- Troubleshooting issues with production equipment and processes.
- Observe all regulations.
- Report incidents, near misses, accidents, safety violations, or other concerns.
- Assist in planning and improving processes.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Meeting physical requirements of the position, including walking, standing, or sitting for extended periods, lifting heavy objects, climbing, crouching, operating tools, and wearing Personal Protective Equipment.