LabTemps is assisting our client, a global supplier of botanical ingredients and technical services to the cosmetics and personal care industry, with their search for a Chemist in Cosmetic Formulations. Our client’s unique natural ingredients, formulation resources, sustainable products, and global availability make them a uniquely reliable partner to personal care formulators and distributors worldwide. The Chemist’s primary duty will report to and assist the Vice President of Research and Innovation (VPRI) with various laboratory projects including cosmetic formulation development, batching and packaging of formulations, lab maintenance, records management. The employee will also support technical marketing functions and customer service activities including domestic and international sample shipments.
Cosmetics Applications Laboratory
- Formulate various cosmetic prototype products for skin and hair
- Conduct and record the results of accelerated stability testing of formulations produced in NPP’s applications lab.
- Manage raw material inventory
- Attend industry courses, workshops, and webinars to further develop lab skills
- Obey good laboratory practices (GLP) and safety procedures including adherence to COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan.
Technical Marketing Support and Customer Service
- Collaborate with NPP’s Technical Marketing team to fulfill sample requests and kits for shipment.
- Fulfill customer service requests which may include shipping oil samples and documentation.
- Travel to conferences and trade shows in support of the technical marketing team.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks and electronic records related to laboratory projects.
- Assist management in maintaining records and documents such as safety data sheets, inventory, customer database.
Miscellaneous Laboratory Duties
- Maintenance and calibration of equipment, cleaning lab and glassware, ordering lab supplies
- Prepare shipments for clients