Messina Group seeks a Synthetic Production Chemist for our client, a chemical manufacturing company, for their plant near Highland Park, PA.
The Synthetic Production Chemist will be involved in the small and large-scale synthesis of high-quality specialty chemicals including silanes, silicones, and platinum catalysts.
We are looking for an individual who is team-oriented and solution-focused. This individual mist be a self-starter, ready to learn on their own, be able to run multiple reactions simultaneously, and possess exceptional communication and time management skills. Get your "foot in the door" and jump-start a long-lasting career with our client's dynamic organization! Knowledge of distillation, positive/negative pressure flow, and hazardous waste safety and handling are preferred but not required.
About our Client:
Our client is a world-leading specialty chemical manufacturing company with products that serve the environmental, forensics, food and beverage, clinical, pharma, and cannabis industries.
The Synthetic Production Chemist will be involved in small and large-scale synthesis of high quality specialty chemicals including silanes, silicones and platinum catalysts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Chemist must be able to read and understand SOPs in order to allow for set up of a reaction and running a reaction to completion including the knowledge and ability to set up laboratory and synthesis equipment for production scale volumes, including reactions and distillations
- Capable of small-scale production and ability to learn the principles of production scale-up
- Assists in rework of non-conforming product
- Pack-down highly flammable, moisture sensitive, highly reactive chemicals into smaller containers
- Maintains detailed technical records according to ISO:9001 standards
- Utilize computer database for organization of run records
- Understand safety data sheets
- Communicate to purchasing need for re-order of raw materials
- Follows safety and environmental regulations by ensuring that standards, policies, and procedures are adhered to in compliance with corporate, federal, state, and local requirements
- Monitor equipment and inform management of any issues
- Maintaining general laboratory cleanliness;
- Responsible for cleaning production equipment
- Identify, retrieve parts, and assemble reactors prior to production start and disassemble at completion of a run
- Maintain and clean all glassware
- Must be able to run multiple reactions at one time
- Performs additional duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related scientific discipline
- Minimum of 2-4 years chemical production experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Analytical and process driven
- Self-starter, strong initiative, dependable
- Strong communication skills
- Superior time management skills
- Willingness to listen and take direction from others.