LabTemps is seeking a Development Technologist for a client in Sauk Village, IL.
Scope: Support product development, data generation, product stewardship and regulatory compliance functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct sheet and container analysis as required for the development effort.
- Conduct barrier and physical property testing on sheet and thermoformed containers as needed or requested.
- Analyze competitive products.
- Coordinate external testing of intermediate and finished products, e.g., setting up the test, log and ship samples for testing and data compilation.
- Support regulatory compliance and registration of WPP products. Prepare applications and maintain documentation.
- Secure MSDS, Technical data sheets and regulatory compliance documents from vendors
- Assist in the maintenance of material data base through testing samples and retaining samples.
- Support product stewardship by preparing and forwarding regulatory, safety and performance data sheets to WPP customers when requested.
- Support manufacturing and Plant quality functions if needed.
- Maintain safe work environment and follow Safety regulations.
- Responsible for reporting food packaging safety problems to plant management
- Perform other duties or projects as assigned.
- In the incumbent’s absence these responsibilities will be transferred to the Principal Engineer Process Development.