Seeking an Embryologist for a direct hire opportunity in Orlando, FL. Our client is one of the world's largest sperm banks and the first free-standing, independent egg banks in the United States. Our client helps people make the dream of having a child come true.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in daily clinical laboratory procedures related to the operation of the embryology lab including but not limited to sperm preparation, oocyte retrievals, cryopreservation, and thawing of oocytes and embryos, embryo transfers, inventory management, and data management.
- Maintain relevant lab equipment in proper working condition, laboratory Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and Quality Improvement activities
- Organize work by matching computer orders with specimen labeling, sorting specimens, verifying labeling, logging specimens, arranging reports for delivery, and keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
- Maintain patient and donor confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential
- Process, store, ship, and track tissue bank specimens
- Daily Quality control
- Ensure that PT specimens are handled in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Assist the Laboratory Director and Tissue Bank Director with various projects
- Identify and communicates substandard donor specimens by alerting supervisory personnel
- Perform general laboratory duties and maintenance including constructing, maintaining, and operating standard laboratory equipment i.e., centrifuges, titrations, pipets, and fume hoods.
- Carry out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses
- Maintain supply inventory
- Record and sometimes interpret results to present to senior colleagues
- Stock handling
- Minimum of 4 years of experience
- Passport eligible
- Schedule: Office hours are 8 a.m.- 4 p.m. Monday- Friday. Work hours will vary according to business requirements and may include some nights or weekends.
- Location: Orlando, FL with 25% travel requirements to other facilities within the USA and internationally (Denmark, Cyprus, Panama, Argentina)
- Duration: Permanent