Field Technical Service Representative main responsibilities include line performance and quality trend tracking, technical troubleshooting (color, appearance, etc.) and reporting. Documented inventory management, line trial support, new model color program management/support, and customer complaint assistance are additional responsibilities. The position also requires attention to inventory tracking and close communication on paint usage and trends with the account FTS Specialist, Technical Account Manager, and/or Account Manager.
SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and communicate day to day operations and projects with customer base and appropriate Lansing personnel via action register management and regular technical project meetings with customer base
- Monitor and track our client’s on-line performance, incoming quality for processing color and appearance criteria
- Tracks and communicates inventory levels with the FTS Specialist/Technical Account Manager and Sales representatives for effective stock management
- Responsible for implementing & tracking as necessary all value added activities at the customer that improve the production process and production process issues
- Generate all reports, data, presentations and documentation on projects and issues pertinent to the account as necessary in an effective and timely manner
- Contribute to developing customer application line correlations and assist Lansing group in formula optimization
- Monitor customer production runs and determine customers’ performance requirements within account
- Assist FTS Specialist, Technical Account Manager and Sales representatives in RGA issues as needed
- Coordinate and execute technical service needs of customer (product adjustments to meet specific line requirements—i.e. color, flow/appearance). Complete material adjustments (solvents, pigment dispersions and additives) for optimum processing and color quality. Work with customer base to assess necessary adjustments and complete for production batches on site as necessary.
- Perform QC tests on materials on site regularly or as required by customer.
- Recommend process and/or robot program changes for product performance improvement
- Document customer line process to determine root cause and preventive action for problems & improvements
- Coordinate sample submissions and production trials
- Participate in facility continuous improvement activity programs
- Complete necessary reports to effectively track performance at account (action registers, quality and color trend reports, and monthly reports). Facilitate internal team meetings for action register and other project reviews.