LabTemps is assisting our client in their search for a Food Safety & Quality Supervisor for a privately owned provider of meals for the world's premier airlines and leading retail brands.
Review and maintain of all Quality Assurance and Quality Control records, documents, and samples pertaining to HACCP, USDA, and FDA
Coordinate activities with regulatory agents such as USDA and FDA
Ability to prepare and directly manage third party customer audits
This person will be instrumental in reviewing food safety processes and procedures
Oversee inspection of incoming raw materials and outgoing finished goods to ensure the highest quality of products are delivered to customers
Initial and ongoing training of the employees on policies and procedures
Daily observations of production processes from preparation to packaging
Conduct weekly evaluation of products and ingredients ex. Chef Tables
Complete necessary Microbiological testing (internal and external testing) as assigned such as In-house ATP, In-house Listeria Spp., and Silliker Listeria Spp
Attends bi-weekly QA conference calls
Other duties assigned by Unit Manager and/or Corporate Quality Assurance.
Other Responsibilities and duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Knowledge of internal policies and procedures
- Competent to work independently within area of expertise
- Ability to solve quality related problems
- Ability to deal with a variety of compliance situations and implement continuous improvement.
- Knows and follows all safety requirements; strives to maintain a safe work environment.
- Effectively gives and receives feedback; willingly asks questions and seeks direction, as needed. Must be able to function within a team environment.
- Performs tasks under general supervision.