LabTemps is assisting our client is a privately held molecular diagnostic laboratory specializing in oncology, infectious disease testing, women's health testing and a growing clinical trials business in their search for a Histotechnologist. The candidate will Prepare histologic and immunohistochemistry slides from clinical and research tissues and cells for microscopic examination and diagnosis by pathologist.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Performs IHC staining based on established antibody datasheets and TOPs.
- Possesses basic lab math/titration knowledge and pipetting skills.
- Performs general Special Stains including H&E, PAS, trichromes, Congo Red, etc.
- Embeds tissue as specified by pathologist for correct orientation.
- Sections tissue according to established protocols for specimen/testing type.
- Enters patient and testing information into database system.
- Performs preventative, periodic and corrective maintenance on instrumentation per established protocols.
- Uses good customer service techniques, with both clients and coworkers.
- Works well with others in a team environment.
- Possesses familiarity of medical terminology, computer literacy, and automated immunohistochemistry equipment operation.
*The work schedule for this position is M-F 8:30am – 5pm with rotating on call Saturdays and holidays.
- Valid ASCP HT or HTL certification
- Associates degree or higher in a science-related field
- At least one year of Histotechnology experience