Messina Group is seeking a Lab Manager for a client in New Orleans, IL.
Our client is a privately-owned, highly accredited, independent testing laboratory located in New Orleans, LA. We are assisting in their search for a Laboratory Manager. For 60 years, the laboratory has provided analytical services to clients involved in the export and import of agricultural products, for samples of grain, feeds, fats and oils, and other related agricultural commodities.
A partial list of the duties of this position includes:
• Oversees administrative and technical operations of the laboratory
• Oversees chemists responsible for routine analytical testing of agricultural commodities
• Communicates with clients regarding technical inquiries and issues
• Assist chemists in troubleshooting and resolving laboratory issues
• Oversight and implementation of training for chemists
• Ensure equipment/instrumentation used for testing is properly maintained and operated
• Ensures the laboratory maintains an adequate inventory of laboratory supplies Laboratory Manager reports directly to the Vice President and President.
Qualifications for this position include:
• B.S. degree (or higher) in Chemistry, Food Science, or related field; M.S. or Ph.D. is preferred
• At least 2-3 years of managerial experience in a laboratory environment
• 5-10 years of experience conducting analytical testing for agricultural commodities (AOCS, AOAC, ISO, etc.)
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Technically proficient in all manner of laboratory operations, including instrumentation, testing, administration, and quality management systems
• Ability to use initiative and judgment to resolve issues independently
• Excellent time management skills
• Organizational skills/attention to detail Qualified applicants should upload a copy of their resume for review