Seeking a Lab Technician for an indefinite contract with highly flexible hours. In this role, you can work during the day or at night and during weekdays or weekends for 15-20 hours per week. This Technician will provide support for scientists and operations in Protein Production including but not limited to washing labware and flasks, media prep support, buffer preparation support, and other basic lab support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute day-to-day laboratory activities with close supervision and direction to support research.
- Supports lab maintenance, performs routine cleaning, and assists in general lab operation in a BL2 setting.
- Adheres to standards of documentation and reporting.
- Provide support for scientists and operations in Protein Production.
- When their day-to-day tasks are mastered, they will continue to receive training on additional tasks.
- Will be trained in the basic responsibilities and given standard protocols so that they are able to consistently perform their duties with supervision.
- Candidates with 1-2 years of professional or academic lab experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required