Seeking a Laboratory Technician for a contract- to- hire opportunity with potential for long term, located in Tallmadge, Ohio. This Client is a leading transformer oil testing laboratory. Our client is seeking a bright candidate ready and excited to develop and grow within their transformer maintenance and oil testing sector.
Company Purpose: Continue to advance and earn the undying loyalty of transformer owners everywhere. Maintain and build up an economically viable and sustainable organization that builds up: reliable, low-cost electric systems; members of the organization; and Good Places.
Laboratory Analytical Services Purpose: Help our valued partners maintain reliable electrical systems by accurately handling and analyzing their insulating liquids safely, timely, and cost-effectively while maintaining a work environment that strives to be a Good Place.
Position Purpose: To help the company inform customers of equipment insulation conditions to prolong the reliable life of electrical systems. This position completes a variety of analytical chemical tests while understanding the parameters of the test performed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet quality criteria according to standard operating procedures.
- Perform the expected number of tests per eight-hour shift at any one of the test stations
- Enter test results into the data entry program.
- Follow safety and the Chemical Hygiene Plan regulations.
- Perform entry-level lab services work that is supervised and in accordance with well-defined standards and procedures.
- Record and compile data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good Place Expectation: All employees play a key role in furthering the organization’s purpose and vision through a commitment to Good Place principles and values.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent education required, Chemistry coursework preferred
- 1-2 years of experience and familiarity with lab procedures preferred
- Knowledge of general lab safety practices is preferred.
- Ability to learn or prior knowledge preferred in one or more of the following tests:
- Liquid Screen
- Karl Fischer
- Power Factor
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Strong initiative and follow-through skills
- Strong communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Must display and possess a high level of integrity
- Must have a strong sense of teamwork
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, MS Excel, data entry, and instrument-related operating software
- Frequently stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, and crouch throughout the workday
- Ability to perform work at a workstation for extended periods
- Ability to lift materials/objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work on a regular basis 8-hour shift/5 days a week
- Ability to work mandatory overtime as required to address peak workload
- Regularly required to talk, see, and hear
- Schedule: 2nd (3:30p-11:30p) & 3rd Shift (11:30p-7:30a)
- Location: Tallmadge, OH
- Duration: 4-6 months with the potential to go long term