Our client is a family-owned business specializing in the finest, value-added pork, turkey, chicken, and beef products in the marketplace. For over 90 years, they have been producing the highest quality products and providing them to both domestic and international markets.
The Laboratory Technician will be responsible for biological and chemical evaluation of final product, intermediate products, raw materials, and production facilities. Perform tests on raw, in-process, and finished products and environment to ensure compliance with product specification requirements and environmental program using knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Prepare, record, and tests product samples, both microbiological and analytical, from designated areas in the plant.
- Collect, record, and test routine environmental swabs as required for environmental program.
- Conduct analytical tests on intermediate and finished product samples.
- Request finished product samples for internal microbiological testing and submission to third party laboratories.
- Maintain proper documentation of all sample collection and testing.
- Communicate discrepancies and deviations in tests results in a timely manner.
- Verify compliance and alert manager of any deviations from specifications.
- Maintain a clean workspace in the laboratory environment.
- Work on individual projects as assigned.
- Ensure that company's Food Safety program is adhered to.
- Record and compile test results, and prepare COA, graphs, charts, and reports.
- Work with Scheduling/ Production personnel to ensure test results are obtained in a timely manner.
- Maintain all lab equipment in neat and orderly manner.
- Maintain detailed, legible, and neat records of analytical work performed in log books, forms, documents and computer entries.
- Perform and document daily and weekly calibration checks, stability checks, system suitability tests of instruments and conduct calculations according to policies and procedures.
- Record and validates data in the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Prepare and standardize solutions as needed and assure solutions are within expiration date.
- Report results, difficulties or abnormalities to appropriate personnel and enter data in appropriate data system when required.
- Properly store and label all chemicals, solutions, and solvents in designated safe storage areas.
- Maintain continuous good housekeeping practices, dispose samples as needed, and cleans glassware.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Ensure adherence to all company policies and procedures.