Messina Group seeks a Lab Technician for a direct-hire opportunity to join our client's paint team.
Our client boasts a friendly work environment where a work-life balance is promoted and competitive compensation, benefits, and relocation assistance are provided.
Responsibilities include assisting with formulating new products, color matching, and improving existing products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates with co-associates
- Participates in the completion of assigned lab requests and projects
- Cutting parts with a band saw
- Running mills as needed
- Transporting materials to and from finished goods
- Power preparation and spraying
- Batch making (paint) as needed
- Handles hazardous and non-hazardous wastes
- Responsible for some hazardous waste management functions
- Coordinates work efforts with other chemists and technicians in setting priorities and accomplishing departmental objects as a team
- Assists with developing new colors and products for customers, and performs qualifications testing of developed products
- Performs all technical service functions for customers
- Assist production scale-up and problem analysis
- Assist with writing reports and keeps records for the company and it's customers
- Maintain a good practice of safety and housekeeping procedures
- Contributes to efforts for continuous improvement and reduction of costs/waste
- Completes all other tasks, assignments, or functions as assigned and/or required
Qualified candidates should possess a High School Diploma, good math skills, motivated and energetic.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, be able to handle frequent interruptions, and maintain a calm demeanor when confronted with conflict.
- Experience in operating a spraymation machine is preferred but not necessary.
Position involves reaching, bending, lifting, standing, and stooping for a normal laboratory environment. It is a requirement of this position that the individual participates and contributes when appointed to company committees for safety, health, and quality affairs.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate:
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated or agree to be fully vaccinated within three months of the hire date.