LabTemps seeks a Contract-to-hire Lab Technician Assistant to work with our client in Chicago starting 25-35 hours per week and leading to a 40-hour week after training. Our client delivers advanced engineering, IT, and operational solutions to strengthen national security and support smarter decision-making and enhanced readiness in rapidly changing environments. The Assistant will be working in a team environment and assisting the Paint Group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under limited supervision, perform chemical laboratory tasks of some complexity and variety.
- Provide advanced technical support in one or more areas of science or technology.
- Assist more experienced staff in performing complex laboratory assignments.
- Assist with sample preparation/extraction/digestion and analysis of environmental samples according to established procedures.
- Operate standard experimental testing equipment of moderate complexity and performs routine equipment maintenance.
- Adhere to QA/QC requirements in the performance of job duties.
- Maintain inventory in the warehouse, receive packages and keep accurate counts on equipment and consumable items.
- Decontaminate and maintain equipment to be used in the field for sampling projects.
- Observe experiments and record experimental data and prepares reports.
- Perform lab waste accumulation activities to support compliance with the waste management plan for the facility.
- Provide oral and written reports to the supervisor.
- Perform computer data entry and record management activities.
- Comply with security procedures and safety standards in the performance of duties.
- Receive, inspect, and mask (in accordance with provided blueprints, photos, and drawings) customer hardware for painting.
- Follow established GMP's, SOP's and batch record instructions.
- Responsible for dispensing paint, packaging, and labeling
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.