Seeking a QA/QC Manager for a Direct Hire opportunity in Chicago, IL. Our Client is the national franchisor, food tester and distributor for a nationally recognized restaurant chain.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans, implementing production, productivity, quality and customer service standards. Identifying and resolving problems, completing audits, determining system improvements and implementing change.
- Meet quality assurance financial objectives by estimating requirements, preparing and annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiation corrective actions.
- Develop quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses, identifying critical control points and preventive measures, establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective action, verification procedures and monitoring inventories.
- Validate quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes, measuring production documenting evidence, determining operational and performance qualification. Writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintain and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits. Investigating customer complaints, collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective action, and re-validations.
- Update job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management. Participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different request, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the chemical or food sales/service/support Industry
- Must be willing to work on production line as needed
- Able to lift 50
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science or related is a plus
- Experience with food sanitation or food science is a plus
- Leadership experience is a plus
- Spanish bilingual is a plus
- Schedule: M-F and 1 Saturday a month
- Location: Chicago
- Duration: Permanent