Schedule and coordinate activities within the Large Paint Plant including training, deployment and supervision of personnel, awareness and arrangement of equipment maintenance, planning raw material deliveries, ensuring/performing accurate inventory transactions & applying production schedules. Ensure departmental safety, quality & efficiency goals are met. Position requires flexible work schedule. Position will also support job activities in other Operations areas including, but not limited to Small Paint Plant, Large Paint Plant, Waterbase, and MPM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the daily, weekly, monthly activities of Large Paint Plant including appropriate scheduling for weekend coverage.
- Monitor Large Paint Plant performance against department goals established by the Paint Plant Manager.
- Represent our client and the Large Paint Plant professionally when interacting with all employees as well as internal and external customers.
- Schedule and print Large Paint Plant process orders, ordering raw materials and assembling ticket packages.
- Manage basic maintenance of the Large Paint Plant. Work with maintenance and engineering department on scheduling and coordinating maintenance/project work activities in LPP.
- Manage/control job floor material inventory of Large Paint Plant.
- Conduct cycle counts of Large Paint Plant materials.
- Maintain inventory of parts and supplies needed to complete production.
- Perform audits of department processes.
- Confer with other departments to determine progress of work and to provide information on changes in processing methods.
- Identify potential off-quality products during the process and initiates appropriate corrective actions through established company abnormal process.
- Utilize company IT equipment such as SAP, Microsoft Access Database, & Microsoft Office to monitor department processes, operator performance, audit analysis, and additional activities as required.
- Administer performance appraisals in a prompt and professional manner.
- Maintain housekeeping (5S or COPS) within the production areas.
- Maintain all equipment calibration and performance.
- Update/control Visual Process Control for Large Paint Plant.
- Follow and Adhere to Company Safety Policies
- Follow and Adhere to Company Standard Operating Procedures
- Develop/maintain standard operation procedures for Large Paint Plant.
- Provide and/or coordinate training for employees.
- Attend bi-weekly Leads meeting and conduct employee safety/communication meetings as needed.
- Participate in team projects and act as Team Leader for Departmental activities.
- Assist in the daily activities of the team including batch making, QC, approving tint strength, abnormal/formula hold entry, or filling of batches.
- Perform job activities in Operations areas outside of Large Paint Plant as required.
- Assure movement of waste from generation point to 90-day storage area
- Properly close and label waste containers using our client's procedures
- Ensure employees complete their monthly online safety training.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- General Employee Training (Annual)
- Hazardous Waste / RCRA Training (Annual)
- DOT General Awareness Training (Every 3 years)
- Directly supervises 4-10 employees in the Large Paint Plant.
- Ensure that all Operators follow our client's safety policies, work rules, and SOPs.
- Conduct daily pre-shift meetings for Large Paint Plant.
- Ensures/Signs–Off the completion of Orders in each phase of the department process
- Support supervisory functions in other manufacturing areas as needed.