LabTemps is assisting our client with their search for an entry-level Petroleum Inspector. In this role, the Inspector will be responsible for performing unsupervised gauging and sampling of shore tanks, barges, and ships, and conducting barge inspections under the supervision of an experienced Inspector. They will also certify that field assignments conform to company policies and procedures as well as job-specific instructions
As instructed by the Operations Department and under the strict guidelines described in the Inspection and ASTM/API manuals:
- Acts as a Company representative in the field. Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities as per company policies and procedures. Maintains regular contact with Operations Department in order to receive work orders and schedules.
- Effectively communicates all aspects of assigned job duties. Maintains regular contact with Operations Department, terminals, and vessels to avoid delays or conflicts.
- Obtains, labels, and transports samples to the laboratory in a timely manner as required by each specific job assignment.
- Maintains assigned inspection equipment in good working order and ensures equipment is properly calibrated and stored.
- Measures (gauge and temperature) material in shore tanks, perform all required field calculations, complete all required field documentation, and submits reports to the Operations Department in a timely manner.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) with good math skills.
- Must complete training and pass corresponding theoretical tests and field evaluations.
- Must maintain a valid Transportation Worker’s Identification Card (TWIC).
- Possess and maintain a vehicle in good working order, a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and registration.
- Must be dependable, able to work independently, and be able to effectively communicate and maintain professional relationships with numerous clients (i.e. terminal and vessel/barge personnel).
- Must pass company-defined physical requirements.
- Must meet and maintain site-specific requirements mandated by customers and/or terminals in order to have access to all facilities.