LabTemps is seeking to hire multiple production personnel for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift openings for our client in Milwaukee, WI.
DESCRIPTION OF Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately follow batch ticket instructions to make specific product.
- Assemble accurate measurements of ingredients through use of scales and gather other equipment and ingredients as needed to make specific batch.
- Complete proper documentation (such as batch tickets) correctly and accurately. Enter data into computer.
- Mix, tint and prepare samples for Quality Control.
- Fill containers with product according to specifications.
- Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
- Clean up equipment and properly store equipment
- As part of the housekeeping procedures, the employee may be involved with the disposal of hazardous waste. The initial training of how to properly dispose of hazardous waste will be performed by the Environmental and Safety Coordinator or the department supervisor. Annual training of the same will be performed by the Environmental and Safety Coordinator.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
1st Shift (M-F) : 6:30am-3pm OR 7am-3:30pm | 1st Shift (M-Th) : 6am-4:30pm
2nd Shift (M-F) : 12:30PM – 9pm OR 3pm-11:30pm
3rd Shift (Sun-TH) : 11pm-7:30am
- Preferred education level: a high school diploma and/or GED. It is desirable for the employee to possess additional specific related training.
- Preferred experience level: basic knowledge of paint formulation, mixing procedures, etc., preferred plus experience of three to twelve months of related manufacturing experience and the ability to use various types of related equipment also preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer experience strongly preferred
- Willing to work in a team environment and contribute to group goals
- Ability to receive and provide instructions in a positive manner
- Ability to operate a forklift with forklift driving certification strongly preferred and the ability to use a pallet jack.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Clean work habits and some skill in handling large volumes of liquid and raw materials.
- Basic math skills and the ability to convert various measurements (i.e., gallons to quarts, pints to gallons, etc.) required.
- The ability to use the following tools preferred: grind plate, calculator, computer, pipe wrench, large and small scrapers, Allen wrench, box knife, bung wrench, manual drum truck, cowels, sand mill, air mixer, screwdriver, and pliers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear, stand and/or walk, use hands to finger, handle or touch objects or controls and move from place to place. The employee is regularly required to sit, balance, stoop, and occasionally reach above shoulders. The employee occasionally must use foot/feet to operate machinery, climb or balance and reach above the shoulders. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 65 lbs. and occasionally up to 100lbs.
Personal Protection Equipment is required during various processes in the production area. Safety shoes, glasses, and flame-retardant uniforms are required in the production area. Respirators and ear plugs may be required when performing certain production activities.