LabTemps seeks a Production Chemist for our client, a chemical manufacturing company, for their plant near Highland Park, PA.
We are looking for an individual who is team-oriented and solution-focused. This individual mist be a self-starter, ready to learn on their own, be able to run multiple reactions simultaneously, and possess exceptional communication and time management skills. Get your "foot in the door" and jump-start a long-lasting career with our client's dynamic organization! Knowledge of distillation, positive/negative pressure flow, and hazardous waste safety and handling are preferred but not required.
About our Client:
Our client is a world-leading specialty chemical manufacturing company with products that serve the environmental, forensics, food and beverage, clinical, pharma, and cannabis industries.
The Production Chemist will be involved in small and large-scale synthesis of bonded silica.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capable of Small Scale Production and ability to learn the principles of Production Scale-up.
- Assists in the reworking of non-conforming products.
- Maintains detailed technical records.
- Follows safety and environmental regulations by ensuring that standards, policies, and procedures are adhered to in compliance with corporate, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Maintaining general laboratory cleanliness cleans production equipment and glassware.
- Employees will be required to handle and manage hazardous waste.
- Additional hazardous waste training will be required annually.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Analytical and process driven
- Self-starter, strong initiative, dependable
- Ability to communicate with supervisors, peers, employees to advance the goals of the corporation
- This job requires standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs over head
- Must have superior time management skills as well as a willingness to listen and take direction from others.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Candidate must be able to handle, manage and relocate drums weighing in excess of 600lbs utilizing standard industrial material handling equipment such as carts and drum lifts.