LabTemps seeks a Production Supervisor for our client located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin for a Direct Hire opportunity.
The Production Supervisor – Large Batch is responsible for overseeing the manufacturing functions to ensure customer satisfaction in both quality of product and on-time delivery while maintaining company standards as relates to safety, cost control and processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizes and schedules the department’s production activities
- Assigns work to the department operators
- Works with the Large Batch Manager on cost control of repair and operating supplies, waste generation, labor costs and other areas that may be assigned
- Trains new operators on department operations
- Conducts regular training for existing employees to ensure employee growth
- Conducts training to comply with safety regulations
- Responsible for adherence to safety rules by all direct reports, promoting safe work practices, coaching and any necessary safety training required in addition to that provided by the corporate safety trainer. Also is responsible for stopping and reporting any safety violations when observed throughout the facility.
- Champions safety and housekeeping initiatives and communicate them to all employees
- Monitors quality of products produced to ensure adherence to company standards
- Utilize the Business Operating System to report operations completed, materials issued, and other related transactions
- Interview, hire and terminate employees as necessary
- Conduct performance reviews on a semi-annual basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned