Provide support in meeting the quality requirements and facilitate the implementation of the quality program. Enforce the Maintenance / Calibration program of the equipment at the facility. Directly supervise staff in the QA/QC department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, administer, and maintain QA Standard Operating Procedures as required.
- Supervise and train QA personnel in Quality Assurance/Quality Control procedures.
- Oversee the implementation of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and help ensure that operations comply with the relevant product, Company, certification, and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct or assist the QA Manager in training of packaging line technicians, and tower personnel on QA concepts associated with their role.
- Download clients’ specifications, update /maintain the plant’s records, and distribute to affected departments.
- Create QA and Production forms and update as needed.
- Audit and maintain Quality analytical records daily, both electronic and hard copies.
- Audit daily Production records, both Processing, and Packaging.
- Publish product/material release daily.
- Assists in special projects such as plant trial runs and capability studies.
- Order and maintain lab supplies/ inventory using documented procedures
- Ensures that GMP, Quality, Health, and Safety are considered in all aspects of the role.
- Collaborate with production supervisors/personnel in resolving any quality-related issues.
- Work with Customers/production personnel/buyers/planners on processing products placed on QA hold.
- Ensure laboratory equipment is in good operating condition.
- Familiar with all necessary testing procedures and lab work instructions. Train newly hired lab technicians.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the QA Manager.
- Schedule: Monday-Thursday 10 hour first shift 5:00 am-3:30 pm
- Location: Chicago