LabTemps seeks a QA Technologist for our client in Blue Island, Illinois. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity.
- Perform analysis on raw materials, intermediates, and finish products.
- Approve raw materials and certify finished products for shipment and packaging.
III. HSE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Know and fully comply with all corporate and site safety rules and procedures.
- Maintain the laboratory and office in a clean, safe, and orderly condition
- Attend and participate in departmental and plant-wide safety meetings.
- Represent company through daily actions that reinforce the corporate values demonstrating a personal commitment to a safe, healthy, and environmentally sound workplace for employees.
- Responsible for supporting our hazardous waste program as it relates to the laboratory.
- Actively participate in the site's behavioral based safety program (SafeStart / SafeTrack).
IV. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must perform job activities in compliance with site HSE policies and procedures.
- Perform raw material, intermediate and finished product analysis on the site's materials through the use of approved methods and entering results in WebLIMS.
- Certifies products for shipment through SAP.
- Performs routine cleaning/adjustment of laboratory equipment and replenishes chemical reagents to ensure uninterrupted operation and quality results.
- Coordinates the operation of the retain sample cabinets by assigning retain codes for the site's raw materials and finished goods and disposing of aged samples.
- Routine participation in the daily production Manufacturing Excellence whiteboard meetings.
- Upholds quality standards to conform to ISO 9001 and EFfCI policies and procedures
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.