LabTemps seeks a Quality Assurance Manager for our client, a Food company, in Rembrandt, Iowa.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for maintaining all programs associated with the GMP and Sanitation standards in all facilities. Among the programs are maintaining all procedures and processes supporting our client's SQF Certification ensuring food safety and quality of all processes and products. Creates and maintains procedures and document processes to maintain food safety and quality from receipt of raw materials and packaging, through processing, and to the final distribution of finished goods. This role verifies and validates food safety and food quality systems to ensure the systems are working adequately as stated, analyzes data to evaluate patterns and trends in results from microbiological and chemical testing. This role is responsible for managing the programs associated with environmental indexing and microbiological troubleshooting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the development, implementation, validation/verification, and maintenance of the SQF Certification programs and procedures.
- Effectively communicates all information to implement and maintain SQF Certification
- Develops, manages, implements, and maintains procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plans and the Food Quality Plans other programs supporting the SQF Certification and/or other 3rd party audits
- Manages the maintenance of all production specifications including processing, packaging storage and distribution to ensure product safety, product quality, and sanitary design at the operating facility level
- Leads the development and implementation of Food Safety Fundamentals, the HACCP Plans, & the Food Quality Plans
- Works as liaison between quality and operations by supporting and implementing steps to drive success of quality department goals
- Reports and takes necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality issues
- Manages and drives the environmental indexing efforts to eliminate the risk of micro contamination and cross-contamination.
- Manages analytical and micro testing programs associated with production
- Supports key process indicators associated with quality
- Manages the completion of required reports, trending, and other required paperwork
- Maintains sensitive product (Kosher and Halal) certification program requirements
- Manages the customer complaint review and management of change processes
- Supports training and staff develop programs including assessing programs for effectiveness related to food safety and quality
- Participates in performance evaluation of staff and conducts coaching and counseling sessions to identify skill development needs