LabTemps seeks two (2) Quality Assurance Technicians for contract opportunities with our client in West Bend, IA. The primary responsibility is to ensure compliance with food safety and quality standards for raw materials, processed products, and processing procedures under minimal supervision. The Technicians will assist with the management of all quality systems included but not limited to food safety, acceptable product protection, HACCP programs, product lot tracking, microbial and allergen programs, pest control, production reports, weight controls, storage, and handling of all raw materials and finished goods, date code information, on-hold programs, and inventory reconciliation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains strong communication between QA and operations management.
- Perform SSOP verification in the form of pre-operational (shift-dependent) and operational sanitation monitoring.
- Monitor and assess employee adherence to Company Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Conducts raw and finished product inspections including temperature, age, storage, and quality attributes against specifications and good manufacturing practices to identify and isolate non-conforming products.
- Assist in investigations and corrective actions for the retained products.
- Perform HACCP monitoring and verification activities.
- Perform routine checks on the finished product to include temperature, weights, product diameter, color, and overall appearance.
- Proactively identify conditions that have the potential to compromise food safety and quality and communicate to Management.
- Perform product and environmental microbiological testing as scheduled and when requested.
- Enter food safety, quality, and operations data into appropriate electronic systems and maintains physical and electronic documentation in an organized and functional manner while reviewing documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Maintain and track all department equipment inventory.
- Retain product and investigate to determine disposition under the guidance of management.
- Perform documentation review, HACCP verification, and SSOP monitoring activities as necessary.
- Assist in product traceability and mock recall exercises, third party, and customer audits.
- Maintains environmental monitoring programs including weekly and monthly microbiological testing, ensuring testing is being performed to standard.
- Plans, coordinates, and provides corrective action follow-up for internal audits including GMP, foreign material, and Food Defense.
- Provides technical assistance to operations regarding process deviation reports and product specifications.