Seeking QC Laboratory Technician to be responsible for performing incoming, in-process, and final product testing for resin, milling, and paint plants. This position will support production and ensure product quality and compliance with applicable standards and customer specifications prior to shipment.
- Test and inspect raw materials to ensure company specifications are met
- Perform testing following test methods on finished good samples: wet QC testing and final dirt checks
- Provide in-process support to QC Correction Specialists in relation to investigation and correction of abnormal batches.
- Identify off-quality product during the QC process and work through the abnormal process to correct
- Coordinate the containment of suspect product
- Verify QC packages meet customer requirements and release to shipping
- Manage and maintain the retain storage area
- Dispose/recycle retain samples per work instructions
- Manage dirt check standard selection/approval process, as necessary
- Utilize and implement simple troubleshooting techniques to ensure test equipment is operating as intended.
- Proficiently use the Quality modules in SAP
- Track, analyze, and report data utilizing statistical methods
- Recommend improvement areas to the Quality Control Manager based on analysis of data. This includes but not limited to, formula and specification changes, test methods and procedures, production and process concerns.
- Manage the requisitioning and maintaining of lab supplies
- Participate in the QC laboratory 5S efforts; ensuring items are arranged to promote efficient workflow and good housekeeping is maintained to promote a safe work environment
- Ability to adjust batches to meet desired specification targets, including the use of necessary equipment.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to address and resolve quality problems and to ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of processes and methods
- Perform GR&R studies on the equipment affecting product quality
- Maintains testing equipment, including calibrations and preventative maintenance