Seeking a QA Technician for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Chicago, IL. Our client is the franchisor, food tester, and distributor for a nationally recognized restaurant chain. We are seeking an individual who is ready to grow with a close-knit team delivering a national impact. This part- time position has opportunity to transition to full-time responsibilities and current University & College students are encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans, and implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards. Identifying and resolving problems, completing audits, determining system improvements, and implementing change.
- Meet quality assurance financial objectives by estimating requirements, preparing and annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Develop quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses, identifying critical control points and preventive measures, establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective action, verification procedures, and monitoring inventories.
- Validate quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes, measuring production documenting evidence, and determining operational and performance qualifications. Writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintain and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits. Investigating customer complaints, collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective action, and re-validations.
- Update job knowledge by studying trends and developments in quality management. Participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Academic training in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, or a similar field; A.S. or B.S. degree a plus
- Current University & College students will be considered on a part-time basis
- Experience in the food testing/service/support Industry is a plus
- Team player
- Able to stand on feet for most of shift
- Must be willing to work on the production line as needed
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Spanish bilingual is a plus
- Schedule: 25-40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 530am-230pm, including rotating half-day on Saturday, typically no more than one time per month
- Location: Chicago, IL 60608
- Duration: Contract-to-Hire