Seeking a Quality Technician for a 1st Shift Contract-to-Hire position with our client in Cerritos, CA to perform tasks that include supporting the production process, monitoring the quality and food safety of raw materials, processed and finished products, and communicating with Corp functions such as Regulatory, R&D, and Commercialization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs sensory, physical, chemical, and/or instrumental evaluation of incoming raw materials, in-process, and finished products following SOPs and specifications.
- Expedites the evaluation process and final disposition and provides information to production.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of specifications.
- Assists with troubleshooting quality problems in production.
- Participates in the development of specialized processes to improve quality or food safety.
- Generates data for Certificates of Analysis.
- Participates in taste panels.
- Maintains laboratory data, supplies, and calibration of equipment on a regular schedule as well as maintaining databases.
- Works on corrective actions of any customer complaints/issues.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Able to work extended hours/shifts as needed.
- Ability to travel and perform quality tasks in Cerritos will occasionally work in Rancho Cucamonga or Foothill Ranch as needed (approximately 4 days per month).
- Able to use computers and MS Office apps as well as learn the use of LX (ERP), MES, and LIMS systems.
- Perform environmental sampling and/or product samples
- 1-3 yrs of related experience/training in a quality production lab environment.
- HACCP, PCQI, and internal auditing certification desired.
- Must be able to certify for forklift operation.
- BS degree in Foods Science, Chemistry, or a related field preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish not required, but a plus.
- Ability to commute 3-4 times a month to other locations in Rancho Cucamonga, CA and Foothill Ranch, CA.