Messina Group seeks a Quality Technician to perform all aspects of quality assurance programs in compliance with GMP and regulatory requirements. Reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collecting samples from the manufacturing area and performing routine nutritional analysis.
- Sample preparation, weighing, running and storing in-process and finished product samples.
- Responsible for assisting and submitting (as needed) samples to other internal and external laboratories.
- Performing daily GMP checks throughout the manufacturing facility.
- Collect data and use computer software systems to document results.
- Willing to learn other quality instrumentation, be trained by other personnel, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Generating chain of custody, packaging, setting up a collection of samples, and shipping logistics.
- Schedule: 6:30am-6:30pm
- Location: Chicago
- Duration: Long Term Contract
- High School Diploma with a year of experience at minimum, prefer an Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
- Understanding of GMPs, Food Safety, FSMA, and knowledge of FDA food regulations.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, and other software databases (and/or willing to learn new platforms).
- Demonstrated ability to work safely in a manufacturing environment and contribute to the safety program
- Follow verbal instruction, written procedures, protocols, SOPs, and sequence activities.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (4 hours or more) and lift 50 lbs.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work both independently and on a team.
- Organization and record keeping are a must.
- Self-starter that can take the lead on daily required activities.
- Must keep laboratory equipment, space, and work area clean.