LabTemps is assisting our client in Carpentersville, IL with their search for two Sr. Chemists who will be responsible for conducting work necessary for development, commercialization, industrialization, and product support. Our client is a member of the major chemical manufacturer of polymers for the coatings market. The Senior Chemist will be working with their R&D team synthesizing alkyd, polyesters and/or waterborne polyurethanes.
- Initial experimental formulation for the generation of a working formula, base-line testing, evaluation, scale-up, and introduction into the marketplace.
- Polymer synthesis, sample preparation, raw material evaluations and physical property testing
- Formulating hypotheses as well as formulate ways to test them using good scientific method.
- Analyzing and interpreting data to determine next step in the implementation of the process.
- Designing new resin/polymer-based products.
- Working on various cross-functional projects as the lead technical representative for that project.
- Conducting experiments (80% in the lab)
- Recordkeeping, reporting, routine laboratory maintenance and travel (20%)