LabTemps seeks a Sr. Development Chemist for our client, a family owned innovative coatings company, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin for a Direct Hire opportunity.
The Senior Development Chemist – Aerospace is responsible for the formulation, research, and development of new products in the Aerospace market.
• Responsible for staying abreast of technical innovations in the Coating's Industry.
• Provide expertise to R&D personnel in areas of formulation, pigmentation, and vehicle systems.
• Report progress on projects to Management on a weekly basis or more often as needed.
• Develop new products for Aerospace customers per their requirements
• Develop products and solve technical issues without direction
• Exercise wise discretion when solving challenges
• Provide technical assistance for existing accounts
• Build knowledge of analytical methods for solving problems
• Train production and quality control personnel
• Resolve questions and concerns regarding customer needs and production problems.
• Exhibit demonstrated decision-making abilities
• Plan activities for support personnel
• Evaluate individual performance and recommend corrective action or commendation to Management, as needed.
• Ability to travel up to 25% of time
• As part of the housekeeping procedures, the employee may be involved with the disposal of hazardous waste. The initial training of how to properly dispose of hazardous waste will be performed by the Environmental and Safety Coordinator or the department supervisor. Annual training of the same will be performed by the Environmental and Safety Coordinator.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Non Essential Duties
• May be responsible for ISO auditing
• Reduce or rework distressed products on hand to reduce inventory