Seeking a Senior Process Engineer for our client in the food and textile industries. This is a direct hire opportunity with an exciting new firm using cutting-edge fermentation processes, offering outstanding compensation and benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the operation of the pilot facility in the evaluation, modification, experimentation, and development of biomaterials/materials/chemistry processing technology and new products.
- Lead and collaborate with others to solve complex problems, explain difficult issues, and work to build consensus across the team and internal stakeholders.
- Will need to analyze, interpret data, and be able to propose hypotheses as explanations of phenomena, and design experimental studies to test (disprove) these hypotheses.
- Will lead process engineering peer reviews of the design of experiments, data analysis, production trials, and standardization to drive operational excellence and development of team talent
- Research, evaluate, and recommend processing equipment, systems, or methods to develop new products including, where possible, automation, and optimization.
- Prepares pilot-scale and full-scale costing for new products/processes.
- Works with the Director of R&D to shape and develop technology and engineering roadmaps
- This role works with a team of other highly skilled Scientists on the Biomaterials team as well as the broader functional and program teams within R&D.
- Coordinates activities with outside contractors, suppliers, and vendors.
- Schedule: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Location: Chicago; West Side
- Ph.D. degree in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering or related field of study or Master's degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a relevant industry specifically in scaling up novel processes and technologies (chemical, manufacturing, industrial or mechanical engineering) is REQUIRED.
- Deep understanding of Design of Experiment and JMP experience with a strong understanding of statistical analysis applied to operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of extrusion/injection molding/paper and pulp processing methods and relevant chemistries are preferred.
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally across engineering, marketing, and business development.
- Hands-on experience with analytical techniques and methodologies, e.g., DSC, TGA, Instron, FT-IR, UV/Vis Spectrophotometer, optical microscopes, and various wet chemical techniques such as HPLC, LCMS, and IC is a plus.
- Six Sigma, LEAN, and Agile qualifications with applied experience in a manufacturing environment are a plus.