LabTemps seeks a Senior QC Chemist for our client, a chemical manufacturing company, in Bristol, PA.
We are looking for an individual who is seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in quality control that offers training and career growth opportunities. This opportunity provides interaction with cross-functional departments to collaborate for the delivery of superior service to the organization. Some experience with GC, GC-MS, and ICP OES is required. LCMS is extremely helpful.
About our Client:
Our client is a world-leading specialty chemical manufacturing company with products that serve the environmental, forensics, food and beverage, clinical, pharma, and cannabis industries.
The Quality Control Chemist is responsible for testing and approval of all raw materials, in-process, and final products manufactured at our client. The testing is performed following our client's standard operating procedures (SOPs) and methods outlined in the QC database. This is a hands-on role with heavy emphasis on being engaged, departmental and interdepartmental collaboration, responsiveness, error detection/prevention, and working with a sense of urgency to deliver superior service to the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the testing of all incoming raw materials, in-process and finished products following our client's SOP methods outlined in the QC procedures database
- Document results for all tests performed and maintain records in the LIMS QC database system
- Responsible for daily/weekly maintenance and calibration of analytical instruments when required
- Responsible for maintenance logs and sample logbooks for QC instruments
- Preparation of Certificate of Analysis, Certificate of Conformance, and Technical Data Sheet, when required
- Responsible for troubleshooting all analytical instruments and wet chemistry analysis instruments
- Responsible for sales order inspections of finished products
- Maintain a clean and safe area for performing Quality Control procedures
- Must be experienced and comfortable handling high-pressure gases and cylinders
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to interpret and follow all of our client's SOPs
- Must be a self-starter, able to take on new responsibilities and challenges
- Must possess social orientation; able to work with others rather than alone
- Some experience in GC, GCMS, LCMS, GC-TCD, ICP, FTIR, and wet chemistry techniques
- Some experience in, or a willingness to learn technical writing
- Understanding of GLP, safety standards, and hazards associated with a laboratory environment
- Familiar with Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Knowledge of analytical techniques and instrumentations skills
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 guidelines is helpful
- Intermediate skills in all Microsoft computer applications